Job: Development & Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: South Lake Union, Seattle
Position type: part-time, 20 hours per week
Benefits: Flexible & family-friendly schedule, 80 hours of paid-time-off per year (accrued monthly), $100 per month transit and cell phone stipend, $150 per month healthcare stipend, ten paid holidays annually.
Start date: Early April 2020
The mission of ArtsEd Washington (AEW) is to advance arts education through coalition building, educating constituents & elected officials, and distributing accessible art teaching tools. AEW works to create systemic change to ensure that the arts are integral in the education of every child in every school; addressing the inequities in arts education throughout Washington’s K-12 school system.
We employ three core strategies to fulfill our mission:
- We give teachers tools: Training, curricula, and professional development so teachers are well equipped to bring arts learning directly to their students
- We fight for access: Advocating with lawmakers to ensure that all students, especially low-income students and students of color, can benefit from arts learning as a part of their regular school hours.
- We mobilize activists: Informing and organizing communities so they can effectively communicate the importance of arts learning to their local representatives and education leaders.
We leverage these strategies to advance systemic changes toward our vision of sustainable funding, effective standards, and universal access to high-quality arts learning in Washington’s public schools.
Summary of position
AEW is looking for a Development & Operations Coordinator (DOC) who is passionate about the arts and education, wants to learn and grow within a small and nimble nonprofit organization, and help ensure the organization has the resources and systems needed to reach its fullest potential. The DOC will serve a “deputy” type of role for the Executive Director, with a focus on supporting the day-to-day work of raising funds and ensuring smooth and efficient internal operations. This includes managing financials, drafting external-facing content, event planning, research, and other key aspects of nonprofit management.
- Process incoming donations and ensure gifts receive proper acknowledgment
- Help the Executive Director steward direct donor relationships with major donors
- Lead efforts for online fundraising through Email solicitations and social media
- Support grant-seeking efforts, including drafting content, proofreading, and grant research
- Ensure external communications to AEW are quickly and smoothly routed to the right point person, by monitoring the general AEW email inbox and phone line, and forwarding messages to the correct recipient
- Lead I.T. management for the office
- Managing online platforms such as our website, educator portal, social media, Basecamp project management software, and Google Suite
- Support strong financial management across the organization
- Ensure that AEW’s human resource and finance are efficient and user-friendly, strategically assessing them regularly and making improvements
- Take the lead on special projects to research and improve various aspects of AEW operations
- Manage AEW social media platforms in partnership with Executive Director
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for arts, education, equity, and youth development
- Interest in a long-term career path in the nonprofit sector
- Experience managing operations
- Experience with fundraising (professional or volunteer)
- Talent for creating and managing systems
- An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with diverse individuals from many different backgrounds
- Comfort with computers and a variety of online platforms
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- A great sense of humor and commitment to a positive, people-centered work culture!
This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week. The salary is $20,000 plus benefits. We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline:
We will review applications on a rolling basis until March 5, 2020. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DOC Application (YourName)”
- We will begin scheduling initial interviews in early March.
- We will begin in-person one-hour final interviews in mid- to late March.
- We would like to have the selected candidate start early April.
A criminal background will not automatically eliminate you from consideration. A criminal history background check will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsEd Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodations during the application process are available to individuals upon request. To request assistance or accommodation, please contact email@example.com.