Tag Archives: Resource
ArtsEd Washington/ AWSP Principals Forum 2015
Closing the Gap:
The Vital Connection Between Equitable Arts Provision & Student Success
A peer forum for principals, assistant principals, and district administrators/elected leaders
ArtsEd Washington (Principals Arts Leadership Program) &
the Association of Washington School PrincipalsDate: Tuesday, April 21 Time: 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm Location: Cornish Playhouse (Seattle Center) | 201 Mercer Street | Seattle, WA 98109 Contact: Laurie Utterback | (206) 441-4501 CounterpARTS in Education: The Andrea Allen Memorial Lecture Series featuring Dr. Linda Nathan.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how inequities in provision of arts learning correlate to a growing achievement gap.
- Explore the Creative Advantage, a unique model to reinvest in student success through the arts, with Seattle Public Schools' Carri Campbell and Gail Selhorst.
- Discover real-world examples of effective arts integration to teach cross-curricular concepts in two workshops: a theatre and language arts lesson from Village Theatre's KIDSTAGE, and a visual art lesson aligned with Common Core math standards, led by art educator Carl Clausen.
- Walk away with concrete ideas about how to close the achievement gap by closing the provision gap, and ready-to-use ideas to bring engaging, arts-integrated learning experiences into the classroom.
Why Arts? Confronting Issues of Race, Access, and Equity
Dr. Linda Nathan
Dr. Nathan will then join a panel with local Washington educators Gil Mendoza, Deputy Superintendent, OSPI, and Keisha Scarlett, Principals Leadership Coach and Former PAL Principal, Seattle Public Schools
7:30 PM | Seattle Repertory Theatre (Seattle Center)Read more about CounterpARTS in Education and Dr. Linda Nathan here. Continuing Education Clock Hours available when you register for both the Principals Forum and CounterpARTS. Standard registration for the Principals Forum includes discounted admission to CounterpARTS in Education evening lecture.
Standard Registration: $70 for afternoon workshop and evening lecture
Afternoon Workshop Only (no lecture admission): $60Discounts available for principals and staff of ArtsEd Washington Member Schools, subject to verification. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify pricing and eligibility. Both the afternoon and the evening events take place on the Seattle Center campus with abundant parking and dining options available.
- ArtsEd Washington/ AWSP Principals Forum 2015