- This event has passed.
Principals’ Peer Forum: Arts Instruction as a Pathway to Meet Students’ Needs
May 24, 2012 @ 8:45 am - 12:00 pm
ArtsEd Washington and the Association of Washington School Principals presents:
Principals’ Peer Forum: Arts Instruction as a Pathway for Rigorous School Programs that Meet All Students’ Needs
Come explore how the arts are one of the best ways to achieve the expectations in the state’s new expanded teacher/principal evaluation tools. Learn from Erin Jones, former Assistant Superintendent of Student Achievement at OSPI, about the role the arts can play in helping eliminate the opportunity gap for students. Hear from a lively panel of experts who will discuss navigating barriers and obstacles, and engaging your community for maximum impact. Attendees will:
- Examine how arts instruction and leadership relate particularly to the Charlotte Danielson evaluation framework.
- Learn how the arts can enhance student learning across the curriculum, and provide differentiated instruction opportunities.
- Leave with identified goals and action steps for arts instruction as part of your School Improvement Plan.
- Get connected to a highly effective peer network.
- 3 clock hours
- FREE admission to the Tacoma Art Museum galleries after the Forum
- Cost to Attend: FREE to all ArtsEd Washington “Super School” members, $60 for all other membership types and other educational leaders.
*Scroll down to May 24th.