- This event has passed.
NSO Summer Music Institute 2012
February 20, 2012
Every summer, approximately 60 students (ages 15-20) from all over the United States, as well as a number of other countries, meet in Washington, D.C. at the Kennedy Center to attend the National Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Music Institute (SMI).
This 4-week program includes:
- Private lessons taught by a member of the NSO
- Chamber music coaching by NSO musicians
- Master classes and seminars
- Attendance at selected rehearsal and performances of the NSO
- Participation in the NSO Summer Music Institute
- Orchestra, conducted by Elizabeth Schulze
- Performance opportunities in DC metropolitan area, including on the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage
- Exposure to internationally-renowned conductors, soloists, and musicians
Each student accepted into the program attends on full scholarship, which includes housing, lessons, a food allowance, and local transportation during their stay.
To learn more about the program, including information on how to apply and financial aid information, please visit the NSO website.
Application deadline: EXTENDED to February 20, 2012