- This event has passed.
NSO Summer Music Institute
January 28, 2011
Application Deadline: Friday, January 28, 2011
Through an initiative of the NSO National Trustees, young musicians ages 15-20 are eligible to apply for a National Trustees’ fellowship. One musician from most states will be selected to participate on scholarship in the 2011 Summer Music Institute, with more than one student chosen from Kentucky, the Orchestra’s 2011 Residency state. Several international students will be selected as well.
Program Description: The Kennedy Center/National Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Institute is a 4-week summer music program at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, for student instrumentalists. The program is designed for serious music students. Each student accepted into the Program attends on full scholarship, which includes the following benefits: housing, food allowance, and local transportation during their stay in our Nation’s Capital. (Round-trip transportation to and from Washington, DC, is not included.)
- Private lessons taught by a member of the National Symphony Orchestra
- Chamber music coaching by NSO musicians
- Master classes and seminars
- Attendance at selected rehearsals and performances of the NSO
- Participation in the NSO Summer Music Institute Orchestra, conducted by Elizabeth Schulze
- Performance opportunities in DC metropolitan area
- Exposure to internationally-renowned conductors, soloists, and musicians
For more information and to apply please visit ArtsEd Washington’s NSO Summer Music Institute page.