School Boards hold the keys to arts education!
With hundreds of Washington school board positions up for election this fall, voters have a critical opportunity to select leaders who are committed to providing the high quality, sequential arts learning that every student deserves to develop vital 21st century skills. But how will voters know which candidates support arts education and are willing to work to improve its provision?
ArtsEd Washington is sponsoring a School Board Candidate Survey on Arts Education.
We’re asking every concerned parent and education advocate in every school district to ask their school board candidates to take the survey and share their positions on arts education. ArtsEd Washington will then post candidate responses online for voters to consider before making their school board decisions.
Become a smARTS Champion!
Sign-up today to contact your district’s school board candidates, let them know that you value arts education, and ask them to take the survey.
As a smARTS Champion, you can make a difference for every child in your school district by:
- Getting your candidates on the record with their positions regarding arts education;
- Educating your candidates on the importance of arts education and that the arts are core (required by law as part of the state definition of basic education); and
- Demonstrating to candidates the importance that you and others in your community place on arts education in the schools.
We’ll make it EASY for you!
- Give you quick, easy tools to connect with your candidates;
- Provide an email template that you can customize for your message to the candidates;
- Make it easy to spread the word to others – parents, educators, artists, and community members who care about a complete education, one that includes the arts; and
- Post candidate responses online for you to review before casting your ballot
Spread the Word
When your candidates hear about this survey from many different people from various walks of life, they pay attention! And since every child in every district matters, invite your friends from around the corner or across the state to join you as smARTS Champions for arts education.
The School Board Candidate Survey on Arts Education is supported, in part, by an award from
The School Board Candidate Survey on Arts Education is also made possible with the support and partnership of